Circus Workshop is a circus training school based
at Muizenberg High School in Cape Town, South Africa.
This school was founded in July 2001 because of the interest shown by a
number of the local school pupils and neighborhood children in the art of
The school trainers all come from professional circus backgrounds.
Circus Workshop is a recognized non-profit organisation. Our
N.P.O registration number is 039-395-NPO.
The maintenance and expansion of the school is
dependent on active participation in
fund-raising activities, such as the live performances which we put on
from time to time and donations from corporate sponsors. Our members do
not pay anything to learn and train, but they are expected to take part in
shows and help maintain equipment.
Members of Circus Workshop have
accomplished a lot with the limited equipment and facilities that they have:
- Leading roles in the opening ceremony of the ICC Cricket World Cup
Opening Ceremony 2003
- Back by demand performances at the International World Kite Festival
- Leading trapeze flying roles in the film production "The Flyer"
- Numerous shopping centre performances
- Lead performances in McLaren Brothers circus